Long Beach Township Extends Deadline Hazard Mitigation Grant Program
Before and After House Raise
Long Beach Township as well as other NJ townships, are participating in the Hazard Mitigation Grant Program, which is administered through the State of New Jersey Office of Emergency Management. This grant can be used to elevate your home above Advisory Base Flood Elevation. The deadline which was originally February 5, has been extended to March 15. There are a few key points that you should know about this grant.
1. You do not have to have flood insurance to qualify.
2. It does not have to be your primary residence.
3. It is a reimbursement program, you must have the funds to qualify.
4. The Grant may provide 50% to 75% of the cost to elevate.
5. Funds are not available for work already performed.
6. Approval must be granted in advance of construction.
7. It takes 6-9 months for the application/approval process prior to construction.
8. There will be a funding priority/ranking established and not everyone will receive funds.
Please go to the Long Beach Township website and Click on the Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP) pdf file for additional information.
(c) 2016 LBI House Raising | NJ Contractor Registration #13VH03879100 | New Home Warranty and Builders’ Registration #006716